Volta Business Incubator
The Volta Business Incubator as the technical support facility of SGF undertakes the following:
- Search and select capable founders / incubates / management teams with investment ideas and drive to get things done
- Ensures capacity building in corruption free and transparent companies which are ESG compliant
- Facilitates processes for transparent training for founders through testing of team, business model, business plans and planned use of funds
- Ensures dedicated support for enterprises of incubatees via sparring directly from SGF board, coaches and/or delegated members to the advisory board for enterprises.
- Offers networking, information sharing, symposia and workshops for start-up founders.
- Continuously verifying the assumptions of incubatees going forward with adjustments to business model where needed
- Supports innovation with new generation African startups.
To this end a German expert Antje Schubert with technical input from business development consultants from Ghana has supported the development of a 18 month blended-training curriculum. This training curriculum is dedicated to the implementation of the capacity building activities of SGF investee businesses in Volta and others from Africa.
Additionally Julia Duttmann has provided training to certify twelve business coaches to provide a needed support for start-up businesses throughout the implementation of the business plans.